Set of new features and enhancements
February 12, 2011 – Following the launch of Privileged Identity Management 6.0 in April 2010, including the new On-Demand Privileges Manager™, We are pleased to announce the release of a set of new features and enhancements.
Below is a highlight of the main capabilities and enhancements of this release.
PIM Suite v6.0 Enhancements (for General Availability)
- Generic “Transparent Connection” to remote systems – customize the ‘Connect’ button to run different connection clients e.g. PuTTy for SSH without divulging the privileged credentials.
- Support multiple connection types per account – administrators canchoose to work with their preferred connection type and benefit from a variety of IT tools using the ‘Connect’ button which improves workforce efficiency.
- User Interface improvements and bug fixes
As a reminder, this version follows previous enhancement versions for the PIM Suite v.6.0 that were part of patches 1 & 2 and included:
- Full PIM Suite support for Windows 2008R2
- User Interface for Mobile Devices
- Enables secure anytime, anywhere access to your privileged accounts
- Request and Approve workflows directly from your mobile device
- Mobile screen-friendly including phonetic password listing
- Dual control workflow improvements
- Send access request once for multiple connections to target machines (using the same account).
- Maintains your history regarding recent or frequent account connections.
- Auto detection of members in the local Administrators group
- New administrator accounts created in the local Administrators group by the admin can be viewed in a report
- Activities & Inventory report improvements
- CPM errors are included in the activities and account inventory reports
- Centrally extract error report for improved operational efficiency
- Support for Windows Service Dependencies
- Automatically restart Windows Services based on dependencies when managing their passwords
- Additional support for service accounts
- Plug-in for SQL server service accounts in cluster
- Reconcile SQL Server account using a Windows domain account
- Support password change of Scheduled Tasks on Windows 2008
- Support password reconciliation for AS/400 accounts
- Unified Provider for Application Identity Manager™ and On-Demand Privileges Manager™
- One agent for both products reduces maintenance overhead